how to capture screen on windows 7/8/10
Capturing screen can become very useful in many situations. You can quickly capture anything by using some shortcuts and pre-installed software in windows. But some people do not know how to capture screen on windows 7/8/10. Don’t worry I am here to guide you. There are many options by which you can capture screen on windows.
Different options by which tells, how to capture screen on windows 7/8/10:
1.Capture Screen by using the Snipping Tool:
Snipping tool IconThis tool is pre-installed in windows and it is very useful to capture screenshots. To open snipping tool click on start menu then search snipping tool. It will open a small rectangle box. It has different screen capture modes and these are:
- Window snip: By using his mode you can capture the entire screen.
- Free-Form snip: By using this mode you can capture the screen freely in any size.
- Rectangle snip: By using this mode you can capture screen in a rectangle shape.
- Full-Screen snip: By using this mode you can capture screen in full size.
- After selecting your desired mode, capture screenshot and click on save as to save it.
2. Capture Screen using Keyboard Shortcuts:
Yes, there are also keyboard shortcuts by which you can capture Screenshots.
- The first keyboard shortcut is using the PRTSCR (print screen) button on the top right sight of your keyboard.
- click on Prtscr button, this will save screen capture to the clipboard but not saved yet
- you have to open paint software in windows to save this screenshot
- open paint
- press ctrl+v to past screenshot and click on save.
2. Windows key + Prtscr: this is a very easy way to capture full screen and save it.
- you have to press windows key + Prtscr at once
- you will see that your monitor screen will dim for a second
- it will automatically save your screen capture to Pictures folder in My Documents
3. Alt + Prtscr: this keyboard shortcut make you capture screen with ease.
- click alt+prtscr at once
- it will capture the entire screen
- you have to open Microsoft image viewer or paint in windows
- hit ctrl+v to past copied screen
- click on save as to save it
4. Windows key + volume down: if you are using windows surface device you can capture screen on windows very easily. Just hold windows key+volume down key and it will capture a screenshot and save it to Pictures folder in my documents.
Hope you like the post
You May also like: